Skip to main content

I’m asking God for one thing

Shabbat Shalom from Kent, London- 18Jul2025

Scripture Reference: Ps 27:4 (MSG)

I’m asking God for one thing

I’m asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with Him in His house my whole life long. I’ll contemplate His beauty;    I’ll study at His feet.

Here, David expressed his desire, distinct request, a declaration. Seeking the most, above all else, earnestly wanted Him more than anything else. Hence he said wanted to live, dwell in the House of the Lord, all the days of his life, whole life long, every moment. Just to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord, beholding beauty of the YHWH, filled with awe, delighting in His Glory and His Grace. Just to marvel there at His goodness to ask for His guidance, to pray in His presence, to study at His feet as Mary did, to seek Him, searching for an answer and meditating Him and His WORD. Hallelujah. To inquire, to look on the pleasantness of ADONAI, sweetness of Him, To visit and survey His temple.  What a great desire and state of Prayer. 

Trust is not doing things, it's being with Him.

Hence, later in the Psalm, He mentioned that though an army, a war, struggles, an opposition, neglection or no respect situations, I WILL KEEP My TRUST and wait patiently for the Lord. While waiting, He was not simply feeling low, allowing imposter syndrome to dominate, blaming others, worrying and pointing fingers but he strengthen himself in the Lord, to be strong and courageous to journey with HIM.

Why we must keep our Trust in the Lord?

He has been our helper (V9). He did not leave or forsake us when we call Him!. He is merciful and answering us. Our hears says, Seek His Face, so we Seek His Face (V8). 

While Trusting and patiently waiting, Let us Ask God,

  • Teach us Your way, Your WORD's way, not World's way (Ps 17:4)
  • Lead us on a level Path (Ps 27:11)
  • Not to hand over us to the will of our foes (Ps 27:12)
  • Hide us in His Shelter (Ps 27:5)
  • Conceals us under the cover of His tent (Ps 27:5)

Let us Pray by declaring our Trust in Him. Dear Father, I first seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness (Mt 6:33), only one thing is necessary (Lk 10:42), I want to choose the Godly good. I forget what is behind me, focusing toward what is ahead of my life, I press on toward to win the Prize that You have for me (Php 3:13-14). Please create a thirst to drink the spiritual lessons, milk (1Pt 2:2-3). I know of sure that goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever (Ps 23:6). I will compass thine altar, o Lord, today and forever (Ps 26:6) because I want to see thy Power and thy Glory continually (Ps 63:2-5), In Jesus Name, I Pray, Amen.

Peace be upon the State of Israel and us. Shalom. Have a Good Weekend. 

In His Grip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God rewriting life stories

God rewriting life stories Reference Ps 18:20-24 Psalm 18:20–24 (The Message) captures David’s reflection on how God restored and renewed his life when he fully surrendered to Him. In Eugene Peterson’s paraphrase, the language feels vivid and personal—more like a heartfelt testimony than a formal psalm—showing how God restores, remakes, and redefines those who turn to Him. Amen. "God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes" is perhaps the most powerful image here. It shows that when David welcomed God into his innermost being, God transformed his story—redeeming it, reshaping it, and giving it new meaning and purpose. Hallelujah!  David says God “made my life complete” when he laid everything before Him, and that God “rewrote the text” of his life. This language highlights honest surrender, repentance, and the experience of being restored by God. 2 Corinthians 5:17 makes the same basic claim in a more compact form: “if anyone is in Chris...

I will Bless the Lord

I will bless the Lord, at all times...  Reference: Ps 34:1 - I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. One of the most important attitudes we can embrace in life is making it a habit to bless Him continually. I use the word “lifestyle” on purpose—it’s not just for when we feel like it, but also for when we don’t, because it’s essential. It’s not only about what we do, but who we are.  David’s steady commitment was clear in his words. He received countless blessings from the Lord even before he became well-known. Before everyone knew his name, the Lord knew him for his constant praise and gratitude. Out in the fields, tending sheep in the green pastures, he would sing, dance, and bless the Lord. That was David's preparation to the bigger assignments.  Verse 4 from this chapter really spoke to me: I sought the Lord, trusting in His word, and He answered me, delivering me from all my fears. So, I bless the Lord—Amen, Hallelujah. He...

Real battle, Different rules

Real battle, different rules Refer 2 Cor 10:3-6- NIV- For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds . 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. Paul's tone changes sharply in 2 Corinthians 10. After pleading gently for generosity toward the poor, he turns to face his critics, and he is no longer soft-spoken. They claimed he was bold on paper but timid in person, a man who threatened discipline from a distance and would never dare follow through face to face. In short, they questioned whether he had the apostolic authority he claimed. Paul's answer was to describe his ministry as spiritual warfare. The world is unprinciple...