Skip to main content

Prayer builds a fellowship with The LORD

Shabbat Shalom from Kent, London - 21Feb2025

Renowned Christian missionary Dr Wesley L Duewel described Prayer is much more than formal repetition of eloquent words strung together to impress the hearers, or quoting words from a book, or it's not based upon the well-planned strategies developed by our natural minds. 

Prayer itself is an art that only The Holy Spirit can teach us. He is the giver of all Prayer - C H Spurgeon

The Great victories Jesus experienced out on the frontlines as HE ministries to the needs of the people, teaching, opening blind eyes, unstopping deaf ears, healing all manner of diseases, raising the dead. These were not automatic. They were won before HE Went out on the frontlines in Prayer.

Prayer is the Key that unlocks all the storehouses of God's infinite Grace and Power - R A Torrey.

Friendship - What's up, God!! Hey there, God kind of conversation- While we must adore and revere Him with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength, God Himself wants us to be open- Check out the passage Exodus 33:12-22, where Moses is chatting with the Almighty- No matter how many times I read it, I can't help but admire his bold yet friendly approach with the Lord.  

Moses said to the LORD, "I know that you have told me to lead these people to the land you promised them. But you have not told me who my assistant will be. You have said that you are my friend and that you are pleased with me. If this is true, let me know what your plans are, then I can obey and continue to please you. And don't forget that you have chosen this nation to be your own." The LORD said, "I will go with you and give you peace." 

Partnership - 

The effectual fervent prayer a righteous man avails much (James 5:16). If two of you agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by my Father in heaven (Mt 18:19). This partnership between believers and God shows prayers can to significant outcomes The essence of prayer a collaborative relationship between disciples and the LORD, reflecting the impact and significance united, fervent prayer

Then Moses replied, "If you aren't going with us, please don't make us leave this place. But if you do go with us, everyone will know that you are pleased with your people and with me. That way, we will be different from the rest of the people on earth." So the LORD told him, "I will do what you have, because I am your friend and I am pleased with you."

Relationship -

The Lord near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth (Ps 145:18). This verse highlights the closeness of to those who pray, emphasizing the relational aspect of prayer as a means of drawing near to Him. It underscores importance of genuine and heartfelt communication with God, reinforcing the idea that sincere prayer fosters a deeper connection with the Lord. It's a reminder of the personal and intimate nature of, believers to seek God with honesty and authenticity.

Then Moses said, "I pray that you will let me see you in all of Your Glory." The LORD answered, "All right I am the LORD, and I show Mercy and Kindness to anyone I choose. I will let see my Glory and hear my Holy Name, but I won't let you see my face, because anyone who sees my face will die. There is a rock not far from me. Stand beside it, and before I pass by in all of my shining Glory, I will put you in a large crack in the rock. I will cover your eyes with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will take my hand away, and you will see my back. You will not see my Face."

Below are heartfelt prayers that Moses expressed in Exodus 33:12-22:

Let me know Your plans to obey You and continue to please.
Do not forget that we are Yours.
Do not lead us from here if You are not going in of us.
If You go with us, everyone will that You are pleased with Your people and me.
We will different from the of the world. We belong to You.
Let me see you in all of Your Glory.

These prayers are powerful, personal, and purpose. They are emotional, emergency, and exceptional. They are needs, necessities, and supernatural. Let us ask God like Moses did by building a relationship, partnership, friendship and fellowship with Him in our daily lives. God be with us as always. Amen and Hallelujah.

Peace be upon The State of Israel and Us.🙏 
Shalom. 🙏🙏
Have a Good weekend too. 
In His Grip...🙏🙏🙏


Ps: Dr. Wesley L Duewel (1916-2016) was a renowned Christian missionary, author, leader. He spent over 75 years spreading the gospel around the world, with a significant portion of his time focused on India. Dr. Duewel served as the president of One Mission Society from 1969 to 1982 and was involved in many activities. He authored several books on prayer, revival, soul-winning, with more than 2.5 million copies of his works into 58 languages worldwide. Dr. Duewel was celebrated for his dedication to prayer and his profound on Christian missions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God rewriting life stories

God rewriting life stories Reference Ps 18:20-24 Psalm 18:20–24 (The Message) captures David’s reflection on how God restored and renewed his life when he fully surrendered to Him. In Eugene Peterson’s paraphrase, the language feels vivid and personal—more like a heartfelt testimony than a formal psalm—showing how God restores, remakes, and redefines those who turn to Him. Amen. "God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes" is perhaps the most powerful image here. It shows that when David welcomed God into his innermost being, God transformed his story—redeeming it, reshaping it, and giving it new meaning and purpose. Hallelujah!  David says God “made my life complete” when he laid everything before Him, and that God “rewrote the text” of his life. This language highlights honest surrender, repentance, and the experience of being restored by God. 2 Corinthians 5:17 makes the same basic claim in a more compact form: “if anyone is in Chris...

I will Bless the Lord

I will bless the Lord, at all times...  Reference: Ps 34:1 - I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. One of the most important attitudes we can embrace in life is making it a habit to bless Him continually. I use the word “lifestyle” on purpose—it’s not just for when we feel like it, but also for when we don’t, because it’s essential. It’s not only about what we do, but who we are.  David’s steady commitment was clear in his words. He received countless blessings from the Lord even before he became well-known. Before everyone knew his name, the Lord knew him for his constant praise and gratitude. Out in the fields, tending sheep in the green pastures, he would sing, dance, and bless the Lord. That was David's preparation to the bigger assignments.  Verse 4 from this chapter really spoke to me: I sought the Lord, trusting in His word, and He answered me, delivering me from all my fears. So, I bless the Lord—Amen, Hallelujah. He...

Real battle, Different rules

Real battle, different rules Refer 2 Cor 10:3-6- NIV- For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds . 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. Paul's tone changes sharply in 2 Corinthians 10. After pleading gently for generosity toward the poor, he turns to face his critics, and he is no longer soft-spoken. They claimed he was bold on paper but timid in person, a man who threatened discipline from a distance and would never dare follow through face to face. In short, they questioned whether he had the apostolic authority he claimed. Paul's answer was to describe his ministry as spiritual warfare. The world is unprinciple...