Skip to main content

Names of the Lord

Approx time to read: 10 mins


I am The Way, The Truth and the Life 
Jesus said to him, “ I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.John 14:6 AMP

Sin Remover
John says of Jesus, ‘Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!’ (John 1:29). 

Spirit  Baptiser
John the Baptist describes Jesus as ‘the one who will baptise with the Holy Spirit’ (John 1:33). 

The Christ Messiah
And He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter replied, “The Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) of God!”
Luke 9:20 AMP

Senior Counselor
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another   Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever—
John 14:16 AMP

Healer
LORD my God, I called to You for help and You healed me’ (Psalm 30:2).

Doer
God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken and will He not make it good and fulfill it? Numbers 23:19 AMP

Everlasting God 
Blessed be the Lord , the God of Israel, From everlasting to everlasting [from this age to the next, and forever]. Amen and Amen (so be it). Psalms 41:13 AMP

The Refuge, The Help, The Stronghold
God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable], A very present and well-proved help in trouble.  “Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.”  The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold [our refuge, our high tower]. Selah. Psalms 46:1‭, ‬10‭-‬11 AMP

The Great
Great is the Lord , and greatly to be praised, In the city of our God, His holy mountain. Psalms 48:1 AMP

Helper
God is my helper and ally; the Lord is the one who sustains me’ (Psalm 54:4).

The Stronghold The High Tower
O [God] my strength, I will watch for You; For God is my stronghold [my refuge, my protector, my high tower]. Psalms 59:9 AMP

Great Talker

Then the guards went [back] to the chief priests and Pharisees, who asked them, “Why did you not bring Him [here with you]?” The guards replied, “Never [at any time] has a man talked the way this Man talks!” John 7:45‭-‬46 AMP

Sustainer 

Behold, God is my helper and ally; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul [my upholder]. Psalms 54:4 AMP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real battle, Different rules

Real battle, different rules Refer 2 Cor 10:3-6- NIV- For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds . 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. Paul's tone changes sharply in 2 Corinthians 10. After pleading gently for generosity toward the poor, he turns to face his critics, and he is no longer soft-spoken. They claimed he was bold on paper but timid in person, a man who threatened discipline from a distance and would never dare follow through face to face. In short, they questioned whether he had the apostolic authority he claimed. Paul's answer was to describe his ministry as spiritual warfare. The world is unprinciple...

God rewriting life stories

God rewriting life stories Reference Ps 18:20-24 Psalm 18:20–24 (The Message) captures David’s reflection on how God restored and renewed his life when he fully surrendered to Him. In Eugene Peterson’s paraphrase, the language feels vivid and personal—more like a heartfelt testimony than a formal psalm—showing how God restores, remakes, and redefines those who turn to Him. Amen. "God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes" is perhaps the most powerful image here. It shows that when David welcomed God into his innermost being, God transformed his story—redeeming it, reshaping it, and giving it new meaning and purpose. Hallelujah!  David says God “made my life complete” when he laid everything before Him, and that God “rewrote the text” of his life. This language highlights honest surrender, repentance, and the experience of being restored by God. 2 Corinthians 5:17 makes the same basic claim in a more compact form: “if anyone is in Chris...

I will Bless the Lord

I will bless the Lord, at all times...  Reference: Ps 34:1 - I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. One of the most important attitudes we can embrace in life is making it a habit to bless Him continually. I use the word “lifestyle” on purpose—it’s not just for when we feel like it, but also for when we don’t, because it’s essential. It’s not only about what we do, but who we are.  David’s steady commitment was clear in his words. He received countless blessings from the Lord even before he became well-known. Before everyone knew his name, the Lord knew him for his constant praise and gratitude. Out in the fields, tending sheep in the green pastures, he would sing, dance, and bless the Lord. That was David's preparation to the bigger assignments.  Verse 4 from this chapter really spoke to me: I sought the Lord, trusting in His word, and He answered me, delivering me from all my fears. So, I bless the Lord—Amen, Hallelujah. He...