Skip to main content

Week 3 of lockdown - 03Apr2020

 ⏲ 15 mins

Key verses

Jn 14:12-13- Believe 
Ps 46:1-2, 10-11- A Very Present help
Ps 34:1, 4-5, 9-10, 18-19- I will bless the Lord at all times
Ps 37:4-5 - Delight in Him
Ps 55:16,22 - I shall call upon God- Cast your burden
Is 43:19 - New Thing

Ps91- The Psalm that spoke to many people during this tough time-
2 Ch 7:13,14,15
Jonah 4:14

Prayed for 

Front line workers - 2 nurses - who died - Areema Nasreen and Armee Rourke
NHS Prep/ Testing of virus arrangements to all 550k staffs ASAP
New Hospitals
Economy Support
Business to manage
Rishi Sunak pumped £330bn into support funds to manage the situation to the individuals, families, businesses
Job opportunities/ arrangements

Scriptures 

I assure you and most solemnly say to you, anyone who believes in Me [as Savior] will also do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these [in extent and outreach], because I am going to the Father.  And I will do whatever you ask in My name [ as My representative], this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified and celebrated in the Son.
John 14:12‭-‬13 AMP

God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable], A very present and well-proved help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains be shaken and slip into the heart of the seas,  “Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.”  The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold [our refuge, our high tower]. Selah.
Psalms 46:1‭-‬2‭, ‬10‭-‬11 AMP

As for me, I shall call upon God, And the Lord will save me.  Cast your burden on the Lord [release it] and He will sustain and uphold you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail).
 Ps  55:16‭, ‬22 AMP

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  I sought the Lord [on the authority of His word], and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.  They looked to Him and were radiant; Their faces will never blush in shame or confusion.  O [reverently] fear the Lord , you His saints (believers, holy ones); For to those who fear Him there is no want.  The young lions lack [food] and grow hungry, But they who seek the Lord will not lack any good thing.  The Lord is near to the heartbroken And He saves those who are crushed in spirit (contrite in heart, truly sorry for their sin).  Many hardships and perplexing circumstances confront the righteous, But the Lord rescues him from them all.
Psalms 34:1‭, ‬4‭-‬5‭, ‬9‭-‬10‭, ‬18‭-‬19 AMP

Delight yourself in the Lord , And He will give you the desires and petitions of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord ; Trust in Him also and He will do it.
 Psalms 37:4‭-‬5 AMP

Listen carefully, I am about to do a new thing, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even put a road in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:19 AMP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God rewriting life stories

God rewriting life stories Reference Ps 18:20-24 Psalm 18:20–24 (The Message) captures David’s reflection on how God restored and renewed his life when he fully surrendered to Him. In Eugene Peterson’s paraphrase, the language feels vivid and personal—more like a heartfelt testimony than a formal psalm—showing how God restores, remakes, and redefines those who turn to Him. Amen. "God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes" is perhaps the most powerful image here. It shows that when David welcomed God into his innermost being, God transformed his story—redeeming it, reshaping it, and giving it new meaning and purpose. Hallelujah!  David says God “made my life complete” when he laid everything before Him, and that God “rewrote the text” of his life. This language highlights honest surrender, repentance, and the experience of being restored by God. 2 Corinthians 5:17 makes the same basic claim in a more compact form: “if anyone is in Chris...

I will Bless the Lord

I will bless the Lord, at all times...  Reference: Ps 34:1 - I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. One of the most important attitudes we can embrace in life is making it a habit to bless Him continually. I use the word “lifestyle” on purpose—it’s not just for when we feel like it, but also for when we don’t, because it’s essential. It’s not only about what we do, but who we are.  David’s steady commitment was clear in his words. He received countless blessings from the Lord even before he became well-known. Before everyone knew his name, the Lord knew him for his constant praise and gratitude. Out in the fields, tending sheep in the green pastures, he would sing, dance, and bless the Lord. That was David's preparation to the bigger assignments.  Verse 4 from this chapter really spoke to me: I sought the Lord, trusting in His word, and He answered me, delivering me from all my fears. So, I bless the Lord—Amen, Hallelujah. He...

Real battle, Different rules

Real battle, different rules Refer 2 Cor 10:3-6- NIV- For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds . 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. Paul's tone changes sharply in 2 Corinthians 10. After pleading gently for generosity toward the poor, he turns to face his critics, and he is no longer soft-spoken. They claimed he was bold on paper but timid in person, a man who threatened discipline from a distance and would never dare follow through face to face. In short, they questioned whether he had the apostolic authority he claimed. Paul's answer was to describe his ministry as spiritual warfare. The world is unprinciple...